Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Prepping for the big FET

It's finally here!!!!!!!! Our frozen embryo transfer happens tomorrow! All of the imaginable feelings are coursing through my veins right now: excitement, anxiety, nervousness, sadness, fear. Maybe the PIO has something to do with the random tears I've had throughout the day. Regardless, I am SO. VERY. READY.


Day Before Protocol (Today)
I went in for a blood draw at 8AM today. They checked my estrogen and progesterone levels to make sure I was ready for transfer. My estrogen was at 259, Progesterone at 33. It's a go!

All of the same drugs continue today:
Estradiol (3 times a day), Prenatal, Medrol (with dinner), PIO injection, low-dose aspirin
I also continue to take my daily vitamins (D, C, and DHA)

The protocol demands that I follow a low sodium diet and stay super hydrated today.
Curiosity got the best of me, so I inquired about the low sodium diet. According to my nurse, this helps the person stay hydrated. If I'm eating too much sodium, the water/hydration is going to "other things" and they want it all going to the bladder. They want the bladder full to help tilt the uterus for good embryo placement. In short, too much sodium can dehydrate a person and they need me fully hydrated.

So, I've had some pretty bland food today. My usual breakfast smoothie was low sodium so that was good. Other than that, I've had scrambled eggs (lunch and dinner). A Gluten Free, low sodium granola bar (barf), and a yogurt parfait. I can't wait to eat something salty!

Drugs for today and tomorrow



Day of Protocol (tomorrow)
Are you ready? There's a lot of instructions for tomorrow. I'm afraid I'll forget something!
First of all, we're scheduled for 11:15. (EEeeekkkkkk!!!)

Before transfer
- Continue low sodium diet until after FET
- No make-up, perfume, baby powder or talcum powder, and no cologne
- Start drinking water 2 hours before arrival time (9:15)
- 1 hour before arrival (10:15), drink enough water to fill bladder and take the following:
    Xanax (this ensures that I'm calm and relaxed for the transfer)
    800 mg. Ibuprofen w/food (this helps relax the muscle of the uterus)

After transfer
- Take Doxycycline with lunch and dinner
- Minimal activity for the rest of the day
- Continue all the other normal meds (listed above). These will continue until the pregnancy test
- No intercourse or exercise for two weeks (other than walking)

Meanwhile
I spent today staying as busy as possible. It was almost like I was nesting. I did the laundry, dishes, cleaned the bedroom and kitchen, took out the trash, stopped for gas, and hung the Halloween lights outside in between working a half day and going to the doctor. I also managed to squeeze in a final, relaxing bubble bath. Mr. Merman and I took the next two days off of work and I thought it'd be nice to have a clean house to spend our 4-day weekend in. Less chores = less stress.

The coolest Halloween spider lights on the block!
One of my best friends surprised me yesterday with a special goody box for the weekend. She asked me to meet her in the parking lot at work. When I walked out of the gym doors, she was holding a grey box filled with goodies for me and Mr. Merman. She made sure they were all gluten free and even reminded me to use the Starbucks giftcard on decaf coffee. How did I get so lucky?! My friends are absolutely amazing and have been the best support system during this entire ordeal. I'm so excited about digging into my treats tomorrow.

We finally made it to transfer. I think I'm still in shock.

I'm going into tomorrow with hope and will allow myself to feel excited but will also know that there is a very realistic chance that it may not work. Maybe hope will win this time?

Time will only tell...



No comments:

Post a Comment