Saturday, June 24, 2017

Still Hanging In There

Yep... I'm still pregnant. 40 weeks + 1 day.

Due Date Belly

How did I spend my due date? Trying not to think about my due date!

Of course, I woke up extremely early (when my husband was getting up for work) and couldn't get comfortable enough to go back to sleep. I threw on some workout clothes and took the dog to the park. My plan was to walk 2 miles but it felt SO GOOD outside yesterday morning. With all the rain we've had and the tropical storms, a cold front has come through so it was a beautiful 70ish degrees and overcast. There weren't a lot of people at the park and Piper was in heaven. So I decided I'd just keep walking as long as she didn't seem to be getting tired or overheated. And we walked a total of 3.15 miles in a little less than an hour! Did this do anything at all to help induce labor? NOPE! I didn't even get Braxton Hicks. In fact, I felt great! Like a million bucks!

Beautiful view of our morning walk

After the walk, I swung by Starbucks for a special decaf treat. (I can't wait to drink real coffee again!)
I spent some more time cleaning up for my sister & niece's arrival, which involved lots of squats and moving around... still nothing.

I made a cup of raspberry leaf tea, filled the tub with stress relieving bubbles and lavender oil and spent at least 2 hours soaking in the goodness. Taking a bath during the day is so calming because the sunlight is coming in through the window and I can look out into the trees and sky while I relax.

Our guests arrived around 5 PM. I showed off the nursery and the almost-finished-bathroom. Then we just sat around and talked until someone decided they needed food. We went out and had a really good dinner but the waitress forgot to sing to my niece! We told her that my niece was turning 13 and to feel free to come do the whole birthday song. She laughed and said they'd do something. But, she must have forgotten cause we paid and left without so much as a bowl of free ice cream.



Once home, we decided we'd veg out on the couch and watch TV for the night. But then the cable went out! Not only that, the internet also went out! No internet meant that we couldn't even stream anything on Netflix or Hulu. I'm assuming it's from all the rain and bad weather we've had recently. It was coming down in sheets while we were eating dinner. Maybe that had some kind of effect on the signal? But have no fear! Mr. Merman to the rescue! He put in our Planet Earth DVD. lol! My niece ran upstairs immediately claiming that her whole class fell asleep when one of her teachers turned this on. We were actually pretty into it and it was something we could have on while talking to each other. Even my niece came back downstairs and watched some of it with us.

Today
My niece is currently sleeping on the couch and my sister is still asleep in the guest room. Mr. Merman is hiding in the bedroom since we can't watch TV in the living room or use our computer in the guest room. I'm hoping they wake up soon cause I want to go eat a big breakfast! I'm not sure what else we have planned for today. They'll have to leave to set-up for her birthday party in the early afternoon. Then Mr. Merman and I will head to the party a little later in the evening. Other than that, we'll probably just sit around talking some more. Aren't we an interesting bunch?

I'd like to get outside for a walk but the weather is supposed to be pretty gross. I think Piper needs a break too. I imagine her tiny little muscles are pretty sore from all the walking we've done this week.

Real Contractions?
I think I may have had a few real contractions last night. As we were getting ready to go to dinner, I had some really sharp pains in my uterus. It was so much that it stopped me in my tracks. I kind of just stood there for a minute trying to process what I was feeling. Once it stopped, I chalked it up to the Baby moving and pushing against my pelvic bone. But then it started happening again and kind of took my breath away. I stood in the garage for a second waiting for it to pass. This one was a little worse than the first. So, I whispered to my husband that I thought I was having some real contractions because it's nothing like I've ever felt before. It was extremely uncomfortable, almost like cramping. He said, "Well let's go get food before this gets started!" I told him we'd have plenty of time before anything exciting happened and agreed that we needed to get some food in our bellies. Once we were in the car, I had another one but just breathed through it. By the time we got to the restaurant, they had stopped completely and I felt fine the rest of the night.

I'm not sure if those were real contractions or not but I'd like to think maybe my uterus is trying to do something to get Merbaby out of there. I'm hoping for a little more "action" today so I can determine whether those were contractions or just weird pains.

Rebozo and Spinning Babies
Since we've got extra time, I've looked up some ways to help spin little "M" so that he's facing my spine, rather than my stomach. A friend suggested looking up Rebozo videos on You Tube. I talked to Mr. Merman about it and we watched this video:



He agreed to try it so that's probably something we'll try to squeeze in before the birthday party today. I've also found a good website and video about using yoga positions to encourage the baby to "spin" towards the back. They suggest doing the child's pose every time I feel baby moving and try to hold it for 30 minutes. This allows him to dislodge from the pelvis and easily move into position. However, if he's already locked into a station in my pelvis, this won't work. I've been doing it just in case.

Every time he starts moving around like crazy, I assume position! (My niece and sister think I'm crazy). I will admit that doing just a few minutes of this is really uncomfortable so I've been taking breaks in between and stopping when I don't feel him moving anymore. 30 minutes seems a bit extreme.

How I've been hanging out the past few days

Everyone is still sleeping so I think I'm going to grab another morning snack and try to hold off on breakfast a little longer. (It's almost noon! When do these people wake up?!)

Here's some of my favorites from our maternity shoot and from my husband snapping pics in the nursery. Enjoy!










Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment